POSITION: DENTAL OFFICE CLERK
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dental Front Office Supervisor
SALARY: Step Range: 8 ($33,895) – 27 ($59,435); Full Benefits
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Management, Regular, Full-Time
LOCATION: Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services Wellness Center, Chiloquin, Oregon
BACKGROUND: P.L. 101-630
Download Complete Job Description (.pdf) Dental Office Clerk
This is a Dental support staff position. The primary purpose is to schedule patient appointments and provide clerical and other activities in support of the Klamath Tribes Dental Clinic. Routine duties shall include providing healthcare-related services to individuals eligible for services provided by Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services in homes, schools, clinics, alternate job sites, and other community locations within the Klamath Tribes’ Service Unit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform receptionist duties for the Klamath Tribes Dental Clinic. This includes receiving/greeting visitors and clients; receiving and relaying incoming telephone calls in a pleasant professional manner; answering routine and procedural inquiries personally and referring other matters to the supervisor and/or appropriate staff members. Required at all times to demonstrate above-average customer service.
- Observe the waiting room to ensure that patients are not missed and monitor patient waiting time.
- Appropriately schedule appointments and block out non-available times for providers utilizing the Next Gen System; follow all established procedures and guidelines to ensure providers’ appointments are accurately reflected on the schedule.
- Verify treatment plan appointments by making confirmation of appointment calls to the patient the day before the appointment.
- Maintain call lists of patients waiting for appointments who can be contacted should an appointment slot becomes available. This includes a “quick call list” of patients who are able to fill in last-minute cancellations and no-shows.
- Review the patient chart to ensure it is in order; check to verify the treatment plan is completed and signed; log into the chart the main reason for the visit. Assure proper parental/guardian consent and that the parent/guardian/family member is present prior to the treatment of a minor.
- Pull and deliver, on a daily basis, charts for same-day patient appointments and walk-in dental visits. Perform an analysis on all returning dental records for completeness. If information is missing or incomplete, the dental records and/or patient encounter form is returned to the provider for completion. After analysis is completed file patient charts in their proper location within the records room at the end of each day.
- Perform analysis on all returning dental records for completeness; check for codes and signatures. Return chart to provider for completion if information is missing or incomplete the dental records and/or patient encounter form. After analysis is completed file patient charts in their proper location within the records room at the end of each day.
- Account for all Encounter Forms on schedule and deliver to Business Office by the end of the following business day.
- Assist in the referral process by inquiring about patients’ insurance benefits and managed care plans via the Oregon Health Plan (OHP) Automated System or OHP AIS website.
- Mail weekly reminders for patient appointments.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties including, but not limited to filing, photocopying, and maintaining various records, type/create forms, memos, letters, and reports from rough drafts.
- The incumbent will be called upon to accomplish other tasks within their scope of work.