POSITION: FAMILY PRACTICE PHYSICIAN
RESPONSIBLE TO: Medical Director
SALARY: Step 71 ($218,215) -90 ($382,641); Full Benefits
CLASSIFICATION: Professional/Management, Regular, Full-Time
LOCATION: Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services Wellness Center, Chiloquin, OR
BACKGROUND: P.L. 101-630 Level
The Family Practice Physician is responsible for providing health care services to the
Native American population residing in the service area of the Klamath Tribes. These duties include serving as a direct provider of health care services providing quality, compassionate and culturally sensitive care for medical patients of Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services according to national medical standards of care.
The Family Practice Physician works collaboratively with the Medical Director to provide a wide range of primary care services, which encompasses health promotion, injury and illness prevention, diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of commonly encountered health problems and injuries, monitoring of stable chronic health problems, and community development and advocacy. Performs testing, referrals as needed, writes prescriptions, and performs office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols, and available equipment. These services are provided within a holistic, patient care- centered framework to patients of all ages. Routine duties shall include providing health care related services to individuals eligible for services provided by Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services in homes, schools, clinics, alternate job sites and other community locations within the Klamath Tribes’ Service Unit.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide quality, compassionate, and culturally sensitive health care services to qualified Native Americans in the Klamath Tribes’ service area.
- Deliver and direct patient care within the scope of privileges approved by the KTHFS; including examination, diagnosis and treatment of both chronic and acute episodic illness and minor injuries; prescribe appropriate medication as needed, and perform office procedures within the scope of expertise, protocols and available equipment.
- Review medical history of each referred patient. Obtain complete and accurate information to determine an appropriate care plan.
- Counsel and instruct patients on health care needs and goals to facilitate the patients capacity for self-care and a move toward a healthcare partnership between the Integrated Care Team, patient, and their family; record patient progress.
- Evaluate suicidal individuals or individuals in crisis and manage their safe deposition.
- Work in coordination with the Integrated Care Team and other health care providers to develop and deliver patient care plans to all patients.
- Administer or order diagnostic procedures, such as x-rays, electrocardiograms, and blood work; interpret test results.
- Lead the Integrated Care Team members to provide optimal services for patients.
- Meet productivity and clinical best practice standards.
- Proactively work with other health care professionals within and outside the medical department for coordination of care, including but not limited to nursing staff, community health, dietary and nutritional services, dental clinic, behavioral health, counselors, pharmacy and in-house and external specialists. Assist health care providers by answering questions regarding patient care.
- Make appropriate and timely referrals to specialty care. Submit referral request and work with RN Case Managers on referrals that require prior authorization.
- Follow up with patients on test results and referral recommendations.
- Respond to requests for medication refills in a timely manner.
- Adhere to KTHFS clinical documentation and medical records guidelines. Complete all documentation within the establish timeline.
- Ensure that verbal and written instructions are clear and concise. Utilizes the electronic health record in order to obtain patient information, place orders and to task RN Case Manager and Medical Assistant.
- Provide and receive feedback on quality of care being delivered to ensure accreditation, best practice, and other regulatory standards are met.
- Take responsibility for all work activities and personal actions by following through on commitments.
- Be available for after-hours consultation when needed.