POSITION: TRANSITIONAL EMERGENCY SHELTER GUEST HOST
RESPONSIBLE TO: Transitional Emergency Shelter Manager
SALARY: Step Range: 8 ($33,895) – 27 ($59,435); Full Benefits
CLASSIFICATION: Non-management, Regular, Full-Time
LOCATION: Klamath Tribal Health & Family Services Klamath Falls, Oregon
The Transitional Emergency Shelter Guest Host works as a member of the TES team to provide direct support to individuals that are temporarily housed in KTH&FS Transitional Emergency Shelter. A TES Guest Host helps to ensure that the TES is a safe, sanitary and welcoming environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Support behavioral health treatment, recovery support, and prevention and promotion efforts; actively work to promote alcohol & drug free lifestyles, mental health promotion, and stigma reduction.
2. Perform duties to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times
3. Perform regular perimeter and fire checks of the property under the supervision of the TES Manager.
4. Connect participants with recovery-based supports to the degree of engagement the client needs including appropriate self-help support, cultural events and activities, educational opportunities, and other resources that promote personal growth.
5. Work collaboratively with TES team to provide care for clients who demonstrate low engagement in the case management program.
6. Serve as a supportive resource for individuals inquiring or seeking behavioral health or substance abuse treatment.
7. Serve meals for guests and maintain a clean dining environment and community center.
8. Maintain documentation and appropriate logs as directed by the TES Manager
9. Work an irregular work schedule, as needed.
10. The incumbent will be called upon to accomplish other tasks within his/her scope of work.